Cornell (Johnson) MBA Essays
Cornell MBA Essays
(Last Year's Essays)
To ensure the depth and dynamism of the Johnson School education, we seek to enroll a class composed of students whose insights are distinct and whose actions are penetrating. The essay portion of your application gives you the opportunity to candidly demonstrate your attributes and your compatibility with our rich and vibrant program.
MBA/AMBA - Essays 1, 2 and 3 are required essays. Essay 4 is optional. All re-applicants are required to complete essay 5. Please observe the 400 word maximum limit for each essay.
1. Describe your greatest professional achievement and how you added value to your organization. (400 word limit)
2. What career do you plan to pursue upon completion of an MBA degree and why? How will the Johnson School help you achieve this goal? (400 word limit)
3. You are the author for the book of Your Life Story. Please write the table of contents for the book. Note: Approach this essay with your unique style. We value creativity and authenticity. (400 word limit)
4. Complete this essay if you would like to add additional details regarding your candidacy. For instance, if you believe one or more aspects of your application (e.g., undergraduate record or test scores) do not accurately reflect your potential for success at the Johnson School. (400 word limit)
5. How did you strengthen your application since you last applied to the Johnson School? (400 word limit)
Create and upload a document outlining your activities according to the instructions below. Formatting suggestions: 12 pt. font, Times New Roman, single spacing. (400 word limit)
Collegiate Activities and Employment - List your extracurricular activities while in college in order of importance to you. You may include details about your positions and the time commitment, honors or awards received, and dates of participation. The list may also include part-time and summer employment held while in college. Please list your employer, job title, responsibilities, hours per week, and the dates for each position.
Post-Collegiate Activities - List community activities (clubs, church, civic, etc.) and professional associations you contributed to since graduation from college. Please include the organization name, your role, hours dedicated, elected offices held, and dates of participation.
Hobbies and Activities - Please describe any hobbies or activities that hold special significance for you.
Cornell MBA Links
Current Essay Questions!
The essay questions that appear on this page are outdated. We'll add the 2013 - 2014 questions as soon as they have been released.
To return to a list of the essay questions from all schools, click the link below.
Cornell MBA Application Deadlines
The Johnson School has four
The deadlines below are for the two-year MBA program and they are from last year. We'll update the info below with current deadlines as soon as they have been announced.
- October 5, 2012
- November 9, 2012
- January 14, 2013
- March 22, 2013
Cornell MBA Class Profile
Middle 80% 640 - 750
Median Age 27
Median Work (Mos.) 54
Acceptance Rate 22%
BW Ranking 11
U.S. News Ranking 18