Indiana (Kelley) MBA Essays
Indiana MBA Essays (Last
Your essays will give us an idea of your personality, perspectives, and opinions and will let us know how closely your professional objectives match the objectives of the MBA program.
Below you’ll find five essay areas. All applicants must answer number 1. You must also choose two of the next three essay questions (2 through 4). Number 5 is optional. Please limit each essay to no more than two double-spaced pages. Finally, please include the essay number and your name at the top of each sheet.
We encourage you to be informative, creative, and concise.
1. Please discuss your post-MBA short- and long-term professional goals. How will your professional experience, when combined with a Kelley MBA degree, allow you to achieve these goals?
Choose two of the next three:
2. Describe an ethical dilemma that you faced in your professional career. How was it resolved and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Suppose you had to choose three people—people alive now or people from another era—to travel with you on a cross-country automobile trip. Who would you choose and why? What would you hope to learn from them? (Think carefully about the company you want on those long stretches through Nebraska or Kansas.)
4. Describe what there is about your background and your experiences that will contribute to the diversity of the entering class and enhance the educational experience of other students.
5. Is there anything else that you think we should know as we evaluate your application? If you believe your credentials and essays represent you fairly, you shouldn’t feel obligated to answer this question.
Kelley MBA Links
Last Year's Essay Questions!
The essay questions that appear on this page are outdated. We'll add the 2013 - 2014 questions as soon as they have been released.
- School Web Site
- Contact Admissions
- Kelley School FAQ
- Campus Map
- Google Map
- Visit Campus
- Class Profile
To return to a list of the essay questions from all schools, click the link below.
Indiana MBA Application Deadlines
The Kelley School has four
The deadlines below are for the full-time MBA program. The part-time and executive programs have their own deadlines.
- November 1, 2012
- January 5, 2013
- March 1, 2013
- April 15, 2013
Indiana MBA Class Profile
Middle 80% 590 - 730
Median Age 28
Median Work (Mos.) 58
Acceptance Rate 31%
BW Ranking 15
U.S. News Ranking 23